BUKOWSKI

I've been on a Bukowski kick for the past few weeks so I felt the need to collect the words I've been giggling and reveling at.

"sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think,
I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside
remembering all the times you've felt that way..." [Gamblers All]

"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

"How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 8:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? "

"The more crap you believe, the better off you are."

"I wasn't much of a petty thief. I wanted the whole world or nothing." [Post Office, 1971]

"Silly bitch. She called him 'Daddy Wally.' He wasn't her daddy." [Post Office, 1971]

No comments:

Post a Comment